Tuesday, October 16, 2007

It begins...

I was nervous about starting my fellowship last night. And the way I handled that, was by avoiding the TO DO list I had to complete before my morning meeting. Seriously. I just hung out with a boy and avoided. Reminds me of that LUNATICAS song " How the Modern Girl Deals"

Avoid, ignore, procrastinate, smoke more. This is how the modern girl deals.

It's ok. It all worked out. Jane and company were fabulously supportive and reminded me that I shouldn't be disappointed if I don't get to all 27 interviews in the month long stay here at the Institute. It's just fire under my....seat. So this is good. It's Godsend. God, part of me is really digging having to come to a neutral place-away from my home or the Starbucks-to work on a project. What a luxury. Seriously Que lujo.

Today I mostly set up the office for myself. Cleared some clutter and put up some posters they had framed, up. It's looking good in here. All these women's energies are so amazing. It's addicting. It make syou want to work. Sheree, the fierce grad student and writer from Florida, who is helping me with research, is amazing. I already feel like I've known her forever. She seems to be on top of her game. Kelly-besides having the most beautiful face you've ever seen-just vibrates goodness. She's luminous and it helps. Right when I want to go on MYSPACE or Facebook (my addictions) looking out the window, watching her work, helps. And Jane. Bueno, Jane is like a force. When I grow up I want to be like Jane. Que mujer. De veras.

Ok, enough of describing the office. I booked my first interview today. I scheduled it for Thursday in Elmwood or something. Triton college. Con una Boliviana. I must finish translating this questinnaire since the interview will be done in Spanish.

I'm excited.

This is going. It's really happening. Ojala y aproveche!

No comments: